If our daughters were to look to the 435 US Representatives and 100 Senators as role models, what would they conclude are some best practices for a successful life in the United States?
- Money matters most
- Never mind about the future, worry about NOW
- Life is a popularity contest, do what you must to be liked
- Avoid taking a firm stance on any important issue
- Whenever there is credit to be taken, take it
- Whenever there is blame pass it
- Do what's best for you, even if it means betraying your word, your friends, or your country
The path to a truly satisfying life and a meaningful legacy is the exact opposite.
- Will matters most
- The long term is all that matters
- You can't please everyone, so pick your battle
- Take responsibility, always
- Be grateful and loyal
- Contribute to others
- Recognize others
- When faced with a choice between what’s easy and what’s right, always choose what’s right
If you're looking for the antidote to bad leadership, consider The Heroic Family Unschooling Experience that will teach your children the right way to build their reputation, their life, and a family.
"It’s not cheap, it’s not easy, it’s not for all families, because it WORKS."